- Solve problems in
both mathematical and every day contexts.
- Communicate mathematical thinking
clearly and concisely.
- Represent linear
relationships using equations, graphs and tables.
- Solve linear
- Recognize and write expressions
for linear and non-linear patterns.
- Understand and
apply the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Recognize and
write expressions for exponential patterns.
- Apply rules of exponents.
- Demonstrate an
understanding of transformations, congruence and similarity.
- Solve and analyze expressions,
including those involving group symbols.
World History Standards
- Explains the
cultural development of world civilizations.
- Analyze the
history and political aspects of major empires.
the foundations of economic systems throughout history.
- Uses maps, graphs, timelines &
other sources to interpret events.
Language Arts Standards
comprehends, and analyzes a variety of grade level texts.
- Writes with
focus, organization, and supporting details.
- Analyzes the elements of literature to
- Uses standard English conventions
in writing, revising and editing.
- Understands and
applies research skills.